Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Technically, I Suppose, Free Speech Doesn’t Need to Make Sense.

I’m all for free speech. I’m also happy to give others the right to put stickers and signs on their cars… Then I saw this. I was lucky to have my camera with me.


(I did edit the picture, but only enough to smudge the license number.)

Could someone please tell me what his is supposed to mean? I don’t know if it is for or against religion. I have read it several times and find it incomprehensible.

Someone feels strongly enough about her (it was a woman who got out of the car) message to attach permanently an enormous sign to the back of her car.

This message is mind-boggling. Usually when someone writes something difficult to understand, you can at least get the gist of what it is. I taught public school for three years. I have read thousands of students’ essays and paragraphs. I have never seen one as idiotic—and I have seen some really bad ones.

I wonder how many accidents have been caused by people reading this and becoming so confused they forget to follow safe driving practices.

1 comment:

Braden said...

You will note that she is driving a Lumina.

Enough said.